Title of Program
Thai : หลักสูตรบริหารธุรกิจมหาบัณฑิต สาขาวิชาการตลาด
English: Master of Business Administration Program in Marketing
The Master of Business Administration program in Marketing (M.B.A in Marketing) strives to contribute scientific knowledge and skills of marketing to students and enable them to become professional marketers. Knowledge and skills that the students will receive from the program include the ability to cope with the changes of the business and marketing environment, the skills to build marketing strategy to increase brand value and sustain business competitive advantage, the ability to design and develop marketing plans, the analytical skills for business administration and marketing, and the ability to co-create marketing values with other business agents on an ethical basis. This program was established in response to diverse demands for marketers as required by large, medium and small scale businesses in international, national, and local levels.
The graduates of the Master of Business Administration program in Marketing will:
- Have skills and proficiency in building and developing marketing strategy to increase brand value and sustain business competitive advantage.
- Be able to design and develop marketing plans applicable for changes in business and marketing environments and that is suitable for the needs and demands of consumers on business and marketing ethics basis.
- Apply the analytical skill to understand, demonstrate and figure out marketing problems of a business and be able to provide solution for these problems.
- Be able to produce, analyze and synthesize business, marketing, and academic research to create business, marketing, and academic progress.
Marketing is regarded as an important function for business finance because it can lead a business to achieve the greatest success. Due to changes in the business environment, new marketing methods have been developed in order to strengthen competitive advantage for businesses. It is, therefore, necessary for marketers to have effective tools as updated bodies of knowledge that can connect with other business functions on the business and marketing ethics basis. The satisfied marketers should have a marketing mind, creativity, and analytical ability, and always seek opportunities from dynamic business situations. The marketer must be flexible and enthusiastic to find new marketing methods and techniques for a business, meanwhile, they must also be able to cope with multi-marketing tasks and coordinate with other agents or organizations effectively. Moreover, the ideal marketers must possess the qualification of a good communicator who can express their opinions to others and bring benefits to business and society. Importantly, the marketers must refrain from using existing wisdoms and abilities in ways that may bring shame to all stakeholders. The graduates of this program will become talented human resource (marketers) with ethics and analytical and marketing skills for the business sector and communities, and receive recognition and respect from all sectors.
The Master of Business Administration program in Marketing strives to produce graduates with the following qualifications:
- Have adequate tools and abilities for business and marketing management and be a valued human resource in private, state, and non-profit organizations.
- Have skills and competency in applying marketing technologies for holistic marketing management.
- Have wise creativity with entrepreneurship spirit and skills to perform full-serviced business.
- Have comprehension and ability to identify and figure out marketing problems for businesses; and be able to apply analytical skill to solve problems.
- Have ethics and morality together with marketing professional and social responsibilities.
- Be able to become local businessmen who brings about sustainability and push the business to become competitive at an international level
- Be able to produce analyze and synthesize business, marketing, and academic research to create the business, marketing, and academic progress. (Plan A)
The M.B.A in Marketing is a 2-year program. The period of study is divided into 4 semesters and students shall not exceed 4 academic years.
Plan A (Thesis) :
For degree completion, a student must earn a minimum of 45 total credits throughout the program: 12 credits for Thesis and at least 33 credits for coursework. Thesis Support Scholarship is available for the students in this plan.
Plan B (Independent Study) :
For degree completion, a student must earn a minimum of 45 total credits throughout the program: 6 credits for Independent Study and at least 39 credits for coursework. The coursework must consist of 6 core courses, 10 required courses of the specific track and 2 elective courses.