Title of Program
Thai : ปรัชญาดุษฏีบัณฑิต สาขาวิชาบริหารธุรกิจ
English : Doctor of Philosophy Program in Business Administration
Title of Degree and Track
Thai : ปรัชญาดุษฎีบัณฑิต (บริหารธุรกิจ): ปร.ด. (บริหารธุรกิจ)
English : Doctor of Philosophy (Business Administration): Ph.D. (Business Administration)
The focus of the doctoral program include learning and practice on advanced research methodologies in the field of business administration. The program will provide intensive knowledge and skills on research methodologies to students with the aim to enable them to conduct advanced research, with qualities equivalent to other world-class universities. The program also strives to strengthen students’ skills and proficiencies in specific disciplines: management, marketing, accounting, or finance which are essential to specialist jobs: teaching staff, academician, research and entrepreneur.
The Doctor of Philosophy program in Business Administration focuses on establishing profound comprehension in advanced theories of business administration, producing world-class quality research, and creating new bodies of knowledge. Program curriculum is designed in accordance with the curriculum standard being used among world-class universities. In this respect, the program will require students to review advanced theories in order to find knowledge gap and turn it into research questions for the purpose of gaining knowledge value or creating new body of knowledge for business administration. The ambitious aim of the program is to produce qualified teaching staff for higher education institutions and qualified business administration researchers. This program is conducted on a student-centered basis and concentrates on providing solid training on advanced research methodologies. The program, in addition, will strengthen students’ research skills in their specific area of interest and specialty through research projects with faculty members and their own thesis under the close supervision of the advisory committee. In the light of aforementioned fact, the Doctor of Philosophy program in Business Administration is beneficial for producing academic human resource in the areas of business administration and creating qualified academic works conforming with international standards.
To produce doctoral graduates who:
- Have virtue, ethics, honesty as well as awareness on ethics for research, business administration professional and academics.
- Have masterful comprehension on advanced theories in specific field and be able to classify the evolution of knowledge and knowledge gap in these theories.
- Are proficient in conducting advanced quality research to gain values of the existing bodies of knowledge or create new body of knowledge in the business administration field.
- Are able to lead changes; integrate and disseminate knowledge obtained from the program to the public; be the intellectual supporter who provides advice and guidance on business management to organization and society; and keep themselves and the business profession developed.
- Are able to use technologies, Information Technologies, and media appropriately.
Potential Careers (associated to the field of study)
- Teaching staff in higher education
- The Doctor of Philosophy Program in Business Administration is a 3-year doctoral program.
- The period of study should not exceed 5 academic years.
Plan 1.1 :
For degree completion, a student must earn a minimum of 48 total credits throughout the program all of which counts towards the Dissertation
Plan 2.1 :
For degree completion, a student must earn a minimum of 60 total credits throughout the program: 36 credits for Dissertation and 24 credits for coursework.